The non-invasive Primera provides pain relief in two ways: The gate control mechanism and endorphin release. When the body is injured, pain signals are delivered to the brain through the nervous system. That tells your body that you’re hurting. Primera sends tiny pulses over the skin through the nerves to the spinal chord and brain (gate control mechanism). Along the transmission there are many areas referred to as “gates”. The gates determine which pulses can continue to the brain. The gates regulate how quickly the information is delivered to the brain. Since the same nerve cannot carry a pain and a non-pain impulse at the same time, the stronger, non-pain impulse from the Primera device “controls the gate”, relieving pain.
- Extensive range of programs – 8 TENS and 6 NMES Programs
- The HAN TENS Waveform: A unique dispense and disperse mode of stimulation which modulates between low (2 Hz) and high (70 Hz) frequencies.
- TENS programs used for temporary pain relief
- NMES programs stimulate healthy muscles in order to facilitate and improve muscle performance.
- Complete package includes: PRIMERA Unit, Carrying Case, Battery, Leadwires, Electrodes, Electrode Positioning Back Belt and User’s Manual.
- Two-year Warranty
What’s in the box: Primera Unit Carrying Case 9-Volt Battery Leadwires (2) Electrodes (2 packages of 4 electrodes) Electrode Positioner Belt for the back User Manual
What is TENS? TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) is used to ease pain (acute or chronic). Through a TENS device, tiny electronic pulses are delivered through the surface of the skin and along the nerve strands. Think of TENS as a pain blocker. The stimulating pulses prevent signals of pain to be delivered to the brain. TENS machines also help the body produce high levels of endorphins, which are the body’s natural pain fighting mechanism
What is NMES? NMES (Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation) is a non-invasive, non-addictive means of muscle rehabilitation after injury, surgery or disease. Electrodes are placed on the skin over selected muscle groups. Through electrical stimulation, the muscles contract, reducing pains associated with orthopedic and neurological diagnoses.